Kipling Make Happy Contest
OFFICIAL RULES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
- Sponsor: VF Sportswear, Inc. on behalf of its Kipling North America division (“Kipling” or “Sponsor”), 40 W 57th Street 8th fl, New York, NY 10019.
- Eligibility: The Kipling Make Happy Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of residence whichever is older, as of the date of entry and who have an active e-mail account or Instagram account (with a public profile), and Internet access prior to the beginning of the Contest. To participate, entrants must have an Instagram® account that is open to the public (an account where anyone can subscribe to follow your photos or videos). You are not eligible to participate if your Instagram account is set to the special private option (where a user must approve all follow requests). Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Sponsor, its licensees, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies and “immediate family members” and “household members” of such individuals, are not eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of U.S. legal residency upon request prior to prize award. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and outside of the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner it deems appropriate.
- Timing: All times are Eastern Standard Time or “EST.” The Contest begins April 17, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. EST and ends on May 14, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. EST (“Contest Period”). Sponsor’s clock shall be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
- HOW TO ENTER:
- (Optional) Watch the Kipling Make Happy video at www.Kipling-USA.com/MakeHappy for some Make Happy inspiration.
- Visit www.Instagram.com (“Contest Website”) and follow @KiplingUSA. If you do not have an existing Instagram account, one can be opened for free at www.Instagram.com or by downloading the free Instagram app to your mobile phone. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. If you choose to enter via a mobile phone, data rates may apply and entrants should contact their wireless provider for pricing plan details.
- Submit a photograph or video (“Entry”) to show what makes you happy (“Contest Theme”) and in captions include these two (2) hashtags #KiplingMakeHappy and #KMHContest. Entries will be judged by the following criteria: a.) creativity (20%); b.) ability to inspire others (20%); c.) authenticity (20%); and d.) appropriateness to Contest Theme of “Make Happy” (40%). In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest grade for criteria “d” will be judged as the winner. Entry format must comply with Instagram’s Terms and Conditions posted on its website and Kipling requirements posted below in these Official Rules.
- Tag at least one (1) friend who is a member of Instagram in the comments section of any @KiplingUSA posts promoting the #KiplingMakeHappy #KMHContest.
- Optional Additional Caption: Your Entry may also include a caption to describe your entry. Caption must be in English and may not exceed 200 characters in length.
- Photograph or Video uploaded for use in entering this Contest must be the sole, original, unpublished work of the entrant and Video must be in English.
- contain material which is (or promoting activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, harassing; or derogatory of any Contest Entities; or any third parties;
- promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- contain any prominent use of names, brand names, trademarks, logos, insignia, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others as determined by Sponsor, or advertise or promote any other brand or product of any kind (except for Sponsor’s brand and products), or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses (other than entrant’s contact information required in the entry form).
- contain prominent copyrighted materials owned by others including photographs, videos, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media as determined by Sponsor;
- communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- contain any inappropriate (in the sole discretion of Sponsor) clothing or adornment;
- contain or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “commercial pitch,” promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network operated by any of the Contest Entities or the computers of any individual or entity participating in or otherwise associated with the Contest;
- include mention of any famous or notable entity or person(s) whether living or deceased or performance of any copyrighted media production including but not limited to music, films, books, television programming, etc., or identifying descriptions of any media property;
- have been previously submitted to another contest, broadcast on a media network or submitted to any entertainment entity that would conflict with this Contest, as determined in the Contest Entities’ sole discretion.
By entering you represent and warrant and agree that:
- If any person other than yourself is depicted in the Entry you have received permission from the person(s) depicted in the Entry (“Third Party Participant”) or the person’s parent or legal guardian if the person is a minor in his or her state and the Entry submitted by you is original and not copied from any other work and does not infringe upon the rights of any third party and to the extent any elements were created by a third party (“Third Party Participant”), you own all right, title and interest to said elements of the Entry to enable you to grant the rights granted herein
- The Photograph or Video entered may not have been previously published and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If the Photograph or Video contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Photograph or Video, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Photograph or Video by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. By submitting a Photograph or Video, entrant warrants and represents that he/she consents to the submission and use of the Photograph or Video as stated herein.
Entries that are late, illegible, incomplete, unreadable, damaged, destroyed, delayed, lost, tampered with, incomprehensible, forged, mutilated, misdirected, inaccurate, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. All entries generated by a script, macro or other automated/repetitive electronic means (except as permitted in these Official Rules) will be disqualified and ineligible for the Contest. All entries become the property of Sponsor will not be acknowledged or returned.
Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen entries prior to posting to the Contest Website. Sponsor is under no obligation to disclose why an Entry has been disqualified other than the Entry was ineligible under these Official Rules. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning the Contest Entities (defined below in these Official Rules).
IN NO EVENT WILL CONTEST ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID CONTEST WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS CONTEST WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.