What better way to celebrate your baby’s first holiday than with an ornament you can use year after year? This quick and easy DIY project would also make a super-sweet gift for a new mom, too .
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Ornament of choice
- Non-toxic paint in a festive hue or glittery formul
- Small paper plate
- Paper for practice
- Damp towels for cleanup
- Coat the bottom of the paper plate with paint.
- Place your baby’s foot in the center of the plate and ensure the whole sole of the foot gets a light coating of paint.
- Practice round: using a piece of paper, practice rolling your baby’s foot evenly from heel to toe.
- When you’re happy with the outcome, gently roll baby’s foot from heel to toe and bottom to top of the ornament.
- Optional: Write the baby’s name and date or birth or “First Christmas!” along the bottom or back of the ornament, where space allows.