Let’s face it, we all want to be happy, but events or situations can get in the way. Whether it’s a breakup, rejection, you didn’t land your dream job, you got into a fight with your best friend, life's little bumps in the road can easily get us off track. So, what is the key to happiness? I definitely don’t know the secrets, albeit I’ve immersed myself into a plethora of books to learn more about this fundamental notion. I can, however, impart some of the wisdom I’ve gained during my ongoing quest to be a happier person living a more joyful life.
5 tips for living a happier life:
The beauty of life is that it will constantly surprise you and keep you on your toes, so do your best roll with the punches and look at the glass half full. That’s what holds all of the dreams, possibilities, and endless surprises life has waiting for you. Let’s all strive to make happy, be happy, live happy, and spread happy.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff – Focus on yourself and reaching your goals. Follow your passion. Happiness comes from doing what you love and loving what you do.
- Do more of what makes you happy – Whether it’s going out with your friends to dinner, retail therapy , or distressing by getting a good workout at the gym, find time to do the things that bring you joy.
- Be yourself – We are all unique and the qualities that we possess make us special. Whether it’s your wit, intelligence, killer fashion sense, humor, you name it, we all have something that someone will appreciate.
- Let go of the negativity – If someone or something makes you feel in any way inadequate – LET. IT. GO. Life’s too short to hold onto negative energy or anyone trying to detour you from being successful.
- Take chances – Sometimes the things that we fear only hold us back from achieving greatness. When you overcome your fears it helps to build your confidence, which is key. Take chances and put yourself out there. You might surprise yourself.