KIPLING x LITTLE WORDS PROJECT SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Sponsor: Kipling North America, 525 Washington Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ 07310.
Open only to legal residents of the United States, 18 years of age or older. Employees of Kipling North America, Little Words Project Inc., their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or of any agencies/entities involved in the development, production or administration of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win a prize. (The preceding eligibility requirements apply to both the entrant personally and to the friends tagged in their comment, as discussed below.) Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States. Void where prohibited by law.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins on October 28, 2021 on or after 10:00 a.m. ET (depending when the Sweepstakes message has been posted, as discussed below) and ends on November 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- HOW TO ENTER: Log into your public Instagram account, follow the official Kipling Instagram account, www.instagram.com/kiplingusa (@KiplingUSA) and the official Little Words Project Instagram account, www.instagram.com/littlewordsproject (@littlewordsproject) [if you do not already]; like the Sweepstakes post on @KiplingUSA and comment on the Sweepstakes post with the hashtag #Sweepstakes† and by tagging two (2) friends, each of whom is eligible for the Sweepstakes as set forth above and whom you believe is interested in Kipling handbags, Little Words Project bracelets, and this Sweepstakes (“comment”).** YOU ARE ADVISED TO SHARE THESE OFFICIAL RULES WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND OBTAIN THEIR CONSENT IN WRITING BEFORE POSTING THE COMMENT TAGGING THEM AND SUBMITTING AN ENTRY IN THE SWEEPSTAKES.
Entrants as well as tagged friends of entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
†THE HASHTAG #Sweepstakes MUST BE INCLUDED IN ORDER TO DISCLOSE TO THE PUBLIC THAT IN POSTING A COMMENT YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN A SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTION SPONSORED BY KIPLING NORTH AMERICA TO ADVERTISE ITS HANDBAGS FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A PRIZE. OMISSION OF THE #Sweepstakes HASHTAG (OR IF THE HASHTAG IS INCOMPLETE, INCORRECT OR OTHERWISE UNACCEPTABLE AS DETERMNED BY KIPLING NORTH AMERICA IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE ENTRY BEING VOIDED AND DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE OF ANY KIND.
**If you like, in addition to tagging two (2) friends, you may include other content in your comment. While doing so is not required and will not increase your chances of winning the prize, any such additional content must be in compliance with the restrictions set forth in Rule 3(c) below in order to result in Sweepstakes entry.
- ENTRY RESTRICTIONS: CONTENT OF COMMENT:
- Comment must appear on the Kipling Instagram account page in reply to the Sweepstakes message. If posted on one’s private Instagram account, on the Little Words Project Instagram account (or elsewhere), comment will NOT result in Sweepstakes entry even if it is otherwise in compliance with these Official Rules.
- Only two (2) friends may be tagged in the comment (if MORE THAN two  friends are tagged, posting of comment will not result in Sweepstakes entry.) Also, you will not be entered in the Sweepstakes if your comment includes fewer than two (2) tagged friends.
Posting of comment also will not result in Sweepstakes entry if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the comment (to the extent applicable):
- violates or infringes upon the rights of any party (including copyright, trademark, right of privacy, right of publicity), including but not limited to the rights of the tagged friends;
- is inappropriate, obscene, hateful or otherwise unfit for publication;
- advocates the use of alcohol or drugs, acts of violence or illegal conduct;
- includes any controversial content;
- disparages or damages the goodwill and/or business reputations of Kipling North America, Little Words Project Inc. and/or their respective brands.
Grant of Rights. An individual who posts content in addition to tagging two (2) friends grants to Sponsor and its designees (including Little Words Project Inc.) the non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable right and license to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce and/or otherwise exploit the comment in any manner and in any and all distribution channels, venues or media now known or hereafter devised, without further notice or any compensation to such individual (or to the tagged friends). The preceding grant of rights is subject to any rights retained by Facebook, Inc. in its Instagram social media platform. Such individual further (a) waives any “Moral Rights of Authors” or similar natural rights of ownership they may have in the comment; and (b) agrees, upon the request of Sponsor and/or its designees and without compensation of any kind, to execute any additional documents so as to effect, record or perfect the grant of rights contemplated by this paragraph.
Individuals posting content in addition to tagging two (2) friends also understand and agree that (a) Sponsor as well as Little Words Project Inc. each have wide access to ideas, stories and other literary/artistic materials submitted to them from outside sources or being developed by their own employees and that such ideas/stories/literary/artistic materials may be competitive with, similar to (or even identical to) the posted comment and that Sponsor and Little Words Project Inc. shall have no liability to such individual, the tagged friends or any other party in conjunction therewith; and (b) Sponsor and Little Words Project Inc. do not have any duty of confidentiality or other fiduciary duty to such individual (or any other party) relative to his/her such additional content.
ADDITIONAL CONTENT IN A COMMENT REPRESENTS SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE APPLICABLE PROSPECTIVE ENTRANT AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF KIPLING NORTH AMERICA OR LITTLE WORDS PROJECT INC. IN ANY MANNER. KIPLING NORTH AMERICA AND LITTLE WORDS PROJECT INC. ARE MERELY ENCOURAGING PERSONS TO COMMENT UPON THE SWEEPSTAKES MESSAGE BY TAGGING TWO (2) FRIENDS AND PERHAPS INCLUDING ADDITIONAL CONTENT; KIPLING NORTH AMERICA AND LITTLE WORDS PROJECT INC. EACH DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY SUCH ADDITIONAL CONTENT. NEITHER KIPLING NORTH AMERICA NOR LITTLE WORDS PROJECT INC. WILL EDIT OR MODIFY ADDITIONAL CONTENT SUBMITTED AS PART OF A COMMENT FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES.
ADDITIONAL ENTRY RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) entry per person, regardless of the number of comments posted. (A given Instagram account may only be used by one (1) person to enter the Sweepstakes; a person may, however, submit an entry him/herself as well as being a tagged friend of one  or more other entrants.) Violation of this limit may result in disqualification of all entries. In the event of a dispute, the owner of the Instagram account used to submit the entry (i.e., post the comment in response to the Sweepstakes message), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be deemed to be the entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible/garbled, inaccessible, blocked, corrupted, damaged or misdirected entries, all of which are void. Sponsor is also not responsible for programming, electronic, technological, telephonic, network or other malfunction, error or failure which in any way affects or interferes with the operation of the Sweepstakes; or for entries not timely received or that are not received in a usable format due to filtering by Instagram (or any other cause).
For optimal use of the Instagram platform, a compatible mobile device is required so that the Instagram app may be downloaded. Standard message and data rates and/or wireless Internet access charges may apply when participating in the Sweepstakes via the Instagram app or otherwise accessing the Instagram platform via mobile device. You may be charged by your wireless carrier in conjunction with Sweepstakes entry. Be sure to check your wireless carrier's pricing plan before participating in the Sweepstakes via mobile device. Wireless Internet access may not be available in all areas.
- WINNER DETERMINATION: The winner will be selected via random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor on or about November 2, 2021. To the extent applicable, any additional content included in an entrant's comment will not be taken into account in the winner selection procedure, provided that such additional content is in full compliance with these Official Rules including the content requirements in Rule 3 above.
- PRIZE (3, 1 for winner and 1 for each friend tagged in winner’s entry): One (1) set of Kipling x Little Words Project bracelets and a Kipling Abanu Multi convertible crossbody bag. Approximate Retail Value: $169 each. Total Approximate Retail Value of All Prizes: $507. Color of Kipling bag element of prize is subject to availability. Prize elements may differ from prize images in Sweepstakes advertising, including Sweepstakes message posted on the Kipling page on Instagram; and, Sponsor as well as Little Words Project Inc. expressly disclaim any and all liability in conjunction therewith. Prize is not transferable except as expressly indicated herein. Prize must be accepted in its entirety as awarded or forfeited without compensation of any kind. No prize substitution permitted except by Sponsor due to unavailability of prize/prize element for any reason and only then for prize/prize element of equal or greater value. Prize is NOT redeemable or exchangeable by winner for cash. Prize will only be shipped to winner/tagged friends at a street address in the United States; each prize element may be shipped separately. Applicable taxes on prize and unspecified expenses related to acceptance/use of prize are winner’s/tagged friend’s sole responsibility. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION. The winner will be notified via direct message on or after date of random drawing as per Rule 5 above. Winner may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where legal) within an indicated time period. If winner cannot be contacted for any reason (including due to privacy settings not allowing Sponsor to contact them via direct message), is determined to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules or fails to timely sign/return Declaration/Release (if applicable), the winner will be disqualified, with the winner and the two (2) friends tagged in the winner’s entry forfeiting the prize. In the event of disqualification and prize forfeiture, an alternate will be selected from among all remaining, non-winning eligible entries received with such alternate becoming the potential winner (with prizes potentially being awarded to him/her and his/her two  friends.) For clarity, tagged friends’ receipt of prize is contingent upon Sponsor’s determination of winner’s eligibility and the winner’s compliance with these Official Rules. Tagged friends of winner (once verified by Sponsor) may also be required to sign and return a Declaration/Release within an indicated time period. If winner’s tagged friends cannot be contacted via direct message or are determined to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules or fail to timely sign/return Declaration/Release (if applicable), the tagged friend(s) will forfeit the prize and it will not be awarded.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. For details regarding the collection/use of your personal information in conjunction with the Sweepstakes, please review Sponsor’s Consumer Privacy Statement accessible via the home page of www.kipling-usa.com. By accepting the prize, where legal, winner/tagged friend agrees to the use of his/her name, voice, likeness, Instagram handle and image for advertising/trade/publicity purposes by Sponsor and its designees (including Little Words Project Inc.) without further compensation or notice. By participating, entrant as well as tagged friends of entrant release and agree to hold harmless Kipling North America, Little Words Project Inc., their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of any of the above organizations, as well as Facebook, Inc. from any and all liability arising from the Sweepstakes or the receipt, acceptance, use or misuse of prize (if applicable). If Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as originally planned due to any cause beyond Sponsor’s control (e.g., computer virus, act of fraud, natural disaster), Sponsor may cancel/suspend/modify Sweepstakes and pick the winning entry from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in any manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules; notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Kipling Instagram page. Tampering with Sweepstakes or violation of Rules will result in disqualification; but, disqualification shall not represent the sole remedy available to Sponsor. (By way of example only, tampering includes use of programmed or automated methods of Sweepstakes entry; posting a comment that violates the rights of tagged friend[s] or other third party or otherwise is not in compliance with the content guidelines in Rule 3 above [to the extent applicable], and/or violation of the entry limit). Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules is NOT a waiver of such provision. Any dispute or claim regarding the Sweepstakes will be resolved pursuant to the internal, substantive law of the State of New York. Any such dispute/claim must be resolved by mandatory and binding arbitration by JAMS in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules as more fully set forth in the Terms and Conditions of www.kipling-usa.com. BY AGREEING TO BINDING ARBITRATION, YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE IN A COURT OF LAW BY TRIAL. Recovery in any such dispute/claim shall be limited to one’s actual costs in participating in the Sweepstakes (if any) with all damages or other forms of relief being expressly waived. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be replaced by a substitute provision that most closely approximates the original intent of Sponsor and is valid, legal and enforceable. The invalidity/illegality/unenforceability of a given provision shall not affect the remainder of these Official Rules.
- WINNERS’ LIST. For name of winner and their tagged friends (first name, last initial), send an e-mail request to ___________________________with ________________________ in the subject line. Winners’ list will be available after November 26, 2021. Winners’ list requests must be received by November 16, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM.