Pack your bag for the new normal
This back to school season, it’s no secret that hygiene is more important now than ever. Discover washable backpacks, lunch bags, and plenty of storage for your essentials. From remote learning to socially distant field trips, you need a backpack that’s easy to clean—and easy to love.
Keep an eye out for key features including internal storage compartments, durable construction, and matching accessories. As you restock your supplies for the school year, go for bags that hold masks, books, and everything in between.
What back to school supplies do I need?
From middle school to high school, shop for school supplies that will keep you covered throughout the year. From a spare mask to hand sanitizer, grab a backpack with plenty of storage that's simple to disinfect. Use a mini pouch as a flexible hand sanitizer holder when on-the-move.
As school doors start to reopen, new changes will be in place; such as handwashing stations and mask-wearing. As you scout out school shopping, you can prep for the unexpected all day, every day. A backpack with exterior pockets provides easy access to grabbing sanitizer while on-the-move. You can also keep your lunch as fresh as your style with insulated lunch bags that are easy to wipe clean.
Here are the must-have items to add to your school supplies list:
- Lunch bag: The Kichirou Lunch bag is built for keeping your food fresh with a fully-lined interior that’s easy to wipe down after school.
- Hand sanitizer holder: Repurpose the Seoul Mini Keychain to hold a standard hand sanitizer while on-the-move.
- Pencil Case: Our 100 Pens case is a must-have for anyone looking to keep small accessories organized. Plus, store a spare mask for safekeeping.
- Wristlet: The Creativity Extra Large Wristlet is perfect for putting together a kit of all of your essentials, plus a spare mask (or three).
- Accessories Pouch: The Gleam Pouch is the perfect size to store hand sanitizer while on-the-move. Plus, it’s extremely easy-to-clean with a water-resistant finish.
- Portable wallet: Carry any cards or cash with ease in the best-selling New Money Wallet with a classic twist.
Can I wash a backpack?
Yes, you can wash a backpack. While some backpacks can be put in the washing machine on a gentle cycle, all Kipling bags must be cleaned gently by hand only. As we prepare for the new normal, shop a back to school backpack that’s durable, functional, and easy to clean on a regular basis.
If you’re dealing with a deep stain, clean the fabric with a cloth or soft brush with water and mild soap. A universal-use protective spray may also be used to keep the product looking fresh without damaging the fabric. A light stain remover may be used to surface clean, but don’t toss it in the laundry bag.
Here’s how to hand wash your Kipling backpack in a few simple steps:
- Step one: Clean the outside of the fabric with a slightly wet cloth and mild soap
- Step two: Wipe in the direction of the fabric.
- Step three: Air dry away from direct sunlight when drying the backpack.
- Do not use bleach, gentle detergent, or dryer sheets.
- Do not soak in warm water.
Read more about how to clean your Kipling bag.
How to clean a leather backpack
Leather or leather-lined backpacks should be cleaned by hand. To extend the life of your pack, limit exposure to direct heat and spot-clean only. If your backpack has a fabric construction that is combined with leather, avoid moistening the leather accents while cleaning.
To clean your leather backpack, just wipe it with a soft, dry cloth. Avoid using detergent, disinfectant wipes, or any other cleaners when carrying for this product. Plus, do not soak in lukewarm water or leave the pockets unzipped when drying.
Can you wash gym bags?
Yes, you can wash gym bags in a few simple steps. Provided your gear doesn’t have a metal frame, you can wash your gym bag on a regular basis to keep it clean and ready to go. From sweaty clothes to sneakers, tackle that quarantine workout with a duffle that’s flexible and strong.
A backpack that’s easy to clean is recommended from campus to the classroom. A water-resistant lining is easy to spot clean. Plus, fun and functional accessories make storing hand sanitizer a breeze.
Shop Kipling today for the best back to school gear. Then, hit the books!