What is the best travel duffle bag?
A travel duffle bag should be lightweight, durable, and have plenty of storage for all of your essentials. Keep an eye out for key features like dual carry handles and an adjustable strap. An adjustable and removable strap length makes for a more comfortable fit.
The best travel duffle bags have carry handles and a removable shoulder strap for versatile use, and a large zippered compartment for easy access to essential gear. With travel luggage, water resistance is also key to protect your valuables from excess moisture in inclement weather.
You may be familiar with the classic style of the duffle bag, like the North Face Base Camp Duffle, the Osprey Transporter, or the Patagonia Black Hole Duffle. However, finding the right fit for you depends on your own personal needs.
Our team at Kipling has raised the bar to create a range of travel duffle bags that are uniquely designed to pair functionality with design for multiple use cases. Our packable duffles are ideal for hiking while a more utilitarian option with wheels may serve you better on a corporate business trip.
Let’s explore the top duffle bags on the market that are engineered to handle it all.
- Best Overall: A weekender duffle can comfortably fit a couple outfits, spare shoes, and all of your toiletry essentials. Look for one that’s carefully constructed, ultra lightweight, and optimizes storage solutions with internal zip pockets, small front slip pockets, and adjustable handles for multiple carrying options. A bag like this is an ideal carry-on.
- Best For Long Trips: Look for a lightweight bag with a flat base that makes packing your favorite outfits simple. Multiple zippered pockets are ideal for storing smaller items that are vital to keep within reach. Other thoughtful, functional features to look out for include dual carry handles and an adjustable, removable shoulder strap for two carrying options and ease of use.
- Best Wheeled Duffle: A rolling duffle is multifunctional to the max. Simply sling it over your shoulder for lighter loads, or retract the handle to wheel it with ease. Some of our Kipling rolling duffles feature cushioned handles and a dedicated shoe compartment for a spare pair of heels or sneakers. Make sure your pick is water resistant.
What is the best duffle bag with wheels?
The best duffle bag with wheels should be water repellant, durable, and glide easily across all surfaces. Ensure you select a bag that offers handy pockets and a spacious main compartment to guarantee efficient organization for the duration of your trip.
While easy rolling wheels may seem like a given, you'd be surprised just how important durable design really is. The best wheeled duffle out there features two wheels with lightweight hardware for ease of movement. In the context of travel essentials, the beauty of a rolling duffle bag is that you get the best of both worlds for optimal convenience and durability.
Simply toss it over your shoulder when you’re carrying a lighter load, or pull out the retractable handle to take the weight off your shoulders.
If you're looking to hit the road for your next adventure without the extra weight, then a wheeled duffle may be the right choice for you. Tried-and-tested by the pros, here are the top rolling duffle bags on the market.
- Best Overall: Seek out a piece that’s as versatile as it is stylish. Some of our Kipling rolling duffles can be slung over your shoulder or wheeled effortlessly, thanks to a convenient retractable handle. On all bags, our signature Kipling Monkey hangtag actually doubles as a luggage tag to ensure you never lose track of your luggage while on the move.
- Best Small Wheeled Duffle: Some of our smaller Kipling duffles weigh under 5 lbs. But, while small, they still pack a big punch. Zippered compartments are a must; ditto convenient side carry handles. An eye-catching print ensures you'll spot your gear at baggage claim in seconds.
- Pick a piece that will fit all of your essentials for long-haul trips. Easy-to-access pockets mean you can stay effortlessly organized from start to finish, while dual zips provide streamlined access to both the top and bottom compartment. This allows you to separate your clean and dirty clothes, formal and casual wear, or even store your shoes in a different compartment from your other essentials. Another key feature to look out for? Smooth-rolling wheels, which guarantee you can get where you need to go on time and in style.
What size is a small duffle bag?
A small duffle bag is usually approximately 14 inches long and 8.5 inches wide. More compact than others, more heavy duty alternatives, a small duffle bag is ideal for daily use. Whether you're looking for the perfect carry-on or just need a new gym bag, chances are a small duffle may be the right one for you.
Engineered to optimize both durability and functionality, consider a wheeled duffle if you carry heavy loads on long-haul adventures to avoid shoulder, neck, and back strain. Many of our Kipling small duffle bags weigh under 5lb so that they level up your style game without weighing you down. Outfitted with two compartments that make organizing easy, there is plenty of functional storage for you to stay on track.
Top and side carry handles give multiple carry options, a front zip pocket is ideal to store your passport and other essentials, and an interior mesh pocket keeps your jewelry and other valuables safe inside your pack. As an added design element, each of our bags comes with our signature Monkey key chain.
What is the largest size duffle bag?
The large size duffle bag we offer is approximately 30 inches high and 13 inches in length. Akin to most smaller models, larger duffle bags boast roomy main compartments as well as versatile top and side carry handles. Optimizing both space and utility, a large duffle bag is ideal for longer trips.
However, with more room comes more opportunity for disorganization. That's why the best large duffle bags are specifically designed with two zipped main compartments to separate your gear accordingly. If you need to bring bulkier items, take advantage of internal packing straps to ensure ample space for other items in your luggage.
We specifically engineered many of our Kipling larger luggage pieces to keep you organized, with ample space for all of your travel essentials. Compact, easy-to-access pockets optimize organization while on the move. Specifically designed with dual zips to give you access to a top and bottom compartment, travelers can stay on schedule sifting through your gear without fear of losing your passport at check-in.
Whether you prefer a small shoulder duffle or could use a wheeled alternative to avoid excess strain on your shoulders, select the right gear for you and your needs with Kipling by your side. Shop Kipling for the ultimate duffle bags for school, work, and anything else life has in store.